Rubies are a gemstone to be cherished. They offer enduring style and are considered to be the rarest of the ‘big three’ (rubies, sapphires, and emeralds).
Rubies are found in shades from pinkish red through to rich, dark red. The red hue comes from traces of the mineral chromium. The most precious rubies are those which are rich red in colour with a small hint of blue tones.
Here are 5 reasons why rubies make a fabulous addition to any jewellery collection.
- Rubies are extremely strong and hard-wearing. They are as resilient as sapphires and only slightly softer than diamonds. This bodes well for wearing them day-to-day and not having to worry about damaging the stone – they will stand the test of time.
- Rubies make a statement. Their colour alone makes them perfect for a courageous and vibrant personality. Rubies represent power and are a good match for someone who is determined in what they like.
- They are perfect for dressing up an outfit. Add a touch of beautiful red to your outfit. Rubies are ideal to team with a little black dress for a classy, yet striking outfit with a splash of bold colour.
- Rubies have significance and meaning. They are traditionally used to celebrate a 15th or 40th wedding anniversary. Ruby is also the birthstone for July.
- Rubies offer timeless style. To quote Coco Chanel: “Fashion changes but style endures”. Rubies have been consistently popular across the decades and provide enduring style while offering a point of difference.
If the above reasons aren’t enough to convince you, there are also some more alternative beliefs out there. Throughout history, rubies have been associated with romance and healing properties with the power to…
- Give courage to face difficulties.
- Help rejuvenate your love life.
- Cure depression and anxiety.
- Improve eyesight, blood circulation and overall health.
We have a number of ruby rings, earrings and pendants in-store at the moment, to suit a range of occasions and budgets. Call in and view our gorgeous collection today.